Saturday, October 15, 2011

Chicken Noodle and Veggie Casserole

I am going to go ahead and give myself the pregnant Betty Crocker award. I have not cooked or baked as much in my life as I have since Ive been pregnant. Maybe its the new kitchen, all of my free time, or my constant impulse to eat delicious things-- whatever it is, I am loving it! And, so are my tastebuds.

Yesterday I was craving a wholesome, creamy casserole. Naturally, I Googled "casserole" recipes, but all I found were recipes that seemed like teases... only a few of the ingredients sounded good, or it was too much effort or time. Long story short, I went to the grocery store today, sans recipe, and just bought stuff I thought sounded good. And, I am happy to share, I am now full and satisfied with my creation! I'm excited for Derek to try it (and, I'm excited to boast a little), even though he could eat anything and be happy. So, below is the recipe of my chicken noddle and veggie casserole! I love how I just made it sound magnificent, when its not really anything too special-- just easy and good!

Chicken Noodle and Veggie Casserole

Ingredients:

1 package of egg noodles (not the large bag-- I bought a medium sized one)
1 package of frozen vegetables-- I used the pea, corn, and carrot medley from Birdseye
1 package of Pillsbury crescent rolls
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1 can of cream of celery soup
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
     --Any type of the creams of --- should work, so use all cream of chicken if you want, or 2 mushrooms and 1 chicken , etc.
4-5 medium chicken breasts
Salt, pepper, garlic powder (optional-- just for taste). I also used a little bit of a mixed seasoning

Directions:

-Preheat oven to 375 degrees

1. Boil noodles until soft (follow directions on package...)
2. Boil chicken until it is white throughout when you cut it in half
3. In a large bowl, mix together all soups and vegetables. Add whatever spices / seasonings you want. Add the noodles once they are cooked and drained
4. Drain the chicken. Using a fork and knife, shred the chicken, or cut into smaller pieces. Add to the noodle and veggie mixture
5. Pour mixture into a large casserole dish
6. Top with crescent rolls. Be sure to not layer them-- only one roll should be on top of the casserole. Place rolls over entire top of casserole until it is covered.

Bake in accordance to the directions on the crescent rolls (mine said bake for 11-16 minutes, or until the rolls are golden brown).

Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment