Friday, September 23, 2011

And The Sex Is...

I feel silly writing a post about this, since most of the people reading our blog know anyway, but alas I feel like I must! I know I can't whole-heartedly write a blog about us and not have a post about finding out the sex of our baby. First, let me preface the results by saying everyone thought we were having a girl. The Chinese calendar, which is supposedly over 90 something percent accurate said it would be a girl, the "way I was carrying" and the baby's heart rate said a girl, my mothers old wife tale (if you know her, you've heard this) said girl, and every other myth and legend said I would be having a girl! Also, everyone (except the lone two or three) predicted we would have a girl. Then, at the day of the ultrasound, the nurse told me "come back and tell me when you find out its a girl." Turns out EVERY ultrasound that day had shown girls. There must have been some estrogen in the drinking water or something! But, against all odds, it turns out its a boy! A sweet, little baby boy who loves to kick and squirm (no surprise, considering whose child he is!). So, almost everyone was wrong. I maintained I didn't have a feeling or inclination towards a boy or girl the whole time... except when he would kick I would say "it must be a boy because a girl wouldn't kick as much-- she's supposed to be more prim and proper than that!" Derek, on the other hand, thought it was a girl, until we were in the waiting room, where he said "I'm going with boy now." Guess we were both right at some point. All that really matters, though, is that its a healthy baby, but we both really wanted a boy first. So, all is well and everyone is happy! And the name? The one and only Tucker Emerson Doss! So, for those following my blog, I now introduce to you (or will reacquaint you with) our little boy, Tucker.

No comments:

Post a Comment