Sunday, November 6, 2011

So Much To Be Thankful For

Even though I jumped from the fall / Halloween spirit straight to the Christmas spirit, I thought I would dedicate at least one post to Thanksgiving. This year has been one of many, many blessings. So, keeping with the Thanksgiving theme, I am going to do just that-- give some thanks. And, it should be easy considering everything we have been blessed with these past several months. Since November has 30 days, I am going to list 30 things I am thankful for. Here goes!

  1. My amazing, supportive husband-- he serves in the military, is earning his degree, splits the household chores and cooking with me, and still manages to cope when I am hormonal and a little crazy. He always shows me love, and is what makes each and every day brighter.
  2. My adorable puppy, Charlie-- she never fails to make me smile. Even when I am napping and she jumps on my face she manages to be cute... She was my company when Derek was out to sea, and even though shes a dog, she is still our little baby!
  3. Our unborn little boy-- how can someone be so loved who isnt even born yet? I adore his kicks, punches, and hiccups, and would even take the stretch marks, mood swings, nausea, and acne for another 9 months if it meant he was healthy and happy.
  4. My amazing family-- I have a sister who I can laugh with, cry and complain to, and who is there for me no matter what, a mom who gives me love and support while keeping me grounded, a father who works hard and does what is needed while always checking on me, a brother who has become a wonderful teacher and amazing father, a brother-in-law whose humor is one of a kind and can always make you laugh and put you at ease, a sister in law who is smart, nurturing, and one of the most devoted mothers I know-- not to mention the biggest help through this pregnancy, a grandma that is still managing to be sassy and spry at 85, and two completely unique aunts-- one who would give anything to her nieces and nephew (whether it be time, money, support, love, or amazing food) and one who never fails to make you smile AND managed to kick butt with a broken hip.
  5. My niece and nephew-- yes, they are part of the family, but they get their own number! These two precious people, one who is becoming his own little man and the other who is just a few months old have my heart. They each bring so much joy and happiness to our life, even though we dont see them too often. I know they will both grow up to be the sweetest and brightest of people.
  6. My amazing in-laws
  7. My friends
  8. Mine and Dereks health (and everyone else's, for that matter)
  9. Our cars
  10. Our house-- especially for being so young
  11. All of our material things (shallow, I know...)-- we have so much, and again especially for being so young. We have more than we need, and I am very thankful that we can live comfortably
  12. Our education
  13. Desserts, especially at this point in my life!
  14. Great food
  15. Candles (holiday scented, of course!)
  16. Derek's time off
  17. Snuggling on the couch with Derek and Charlie
  18. The ability to work and provide for ourselves
  19. The fact that Derek is NOT deployed, and will (hopefully) stay for the remainder of his enlistment on shore duty
  20. Virginia Tech Hokies (and football in general)
  21. Arts and Crafts, and cooking!
  22. Facebook-- I cant lie, Im pretty thankful for it. It gives me something to do AND keeps me in touch with those I love!
  23. A good nights sleep
  24. Everyone in my family being happy, doing well, and alive (we have had some scares this year...)
  25. Excuses to get the whole family together
  26. Maternity jeans... so amazing!
  27. Ultrasounds and amazing doctors
  28. All of the freedoms we are given
  29. Southern Living magazine (and all other reading material)
  30. Everything else-- God has given us so many blessings, whether its small / materialistic things or bigger more important things... We are healthy, happy, and given so much by so many people-- we are thankful for everything we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment