Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Book List-- Halloween / October

As most of the people who are reading this know, I love to read. Being an English major I am introduced to so many different pieces of literature. I have decided to create a list of books / stories that I will update every so often, just in case anyone wants to become better read or is just bored and decides to read something. Since Halloween is soon I am going to start my list with works that are spooky! I hope you guys read one, two, or all of these-- and get in the haunting spirit!
  1. The Yellow Wallpaper by Charlotte Perkins Gilman
  2. Dracula by Bram Stoker
  3. The Fall of the House of Usher, The Premature Burial, The Tell-Tale Heart by Edgar Allen Poe (many of Poe's short stories deal with macabre and spooky themes so there is plenty to choose from)
  4. The Lottery by Shirley Jackson
  5. A Rose for Emily by William Faulkner
All of these with an exception to Dracula are short stories and are pretty quick reads. The Yellow Wallpaper and A Rose for Emily are my favorites, but I also love Edgar Allen Poe. I really hope you guys find the chance to read some of these.

1 comment: